Feel free to come and share your own personal insights sometime; the Saturday Night Video and Discussions here in Austin, Texas are a lot of fun and fascinating. (They're free, too.) Here are the questions the group came up with, based on the personal growth themes in the movie:
- What parts of my life do I "do 100%"? What parts don't I?
- What has it taken in my life to finally let the barriers down?
- When have I experienced prejudice in my life and how has it affected me?
- How has my family's prejudice changed since the 1940's?
- How have I dealt with it when I felt lonely?
- How willing am I to take the "first step" in a relationship?
- What friendships have I had that have gone beyond social norms?
- How can I learn from the gifts of others?
- How have I let go of the restraints that have held me back?
- How did my personal growth alienate me from the world I left behind?
- What have been my "light switch" moments?