Feel free to come and share your own personal insights sometime; the Saturday Night Video and Discussions here in Austin, Texas are a lot of fun and fascinating. (They're free, too.) Here are the questions the group came up with, based on the personal growth themes in the movie:
- What things in my life do I take too seriously?
- How have I tried in my adult life to recreate the milestones I missed in high school?
- How do I know if people are joking with me, making fun of me, or being serious?
- In what ways do I wish people would take me more seriously?
- In what ways am I out of step with what's expected of me / what's mainstream?
- How have I broken from what my family has expected me to do?
- In what ways have I been dismissed / ignored by someone I looked up to? How did I handle that?
- When have i felt so dismissed by the world that I just felt "fuck you"? How have I gotten to the other side of that, if at all?