Feel free to come and share your own personal insights sometime; the Saturday Night Video and Discussions here in Austin, Texas are a lot of fun and fascinating. (They're free, too.) Here are the questions the group came up with, based on the personal growth themes in the movie:
THE GREAT GILLY HOPKINS
- How do I express anger?
- How have I handled disappointment?
- How have I been accepted after feeling like I don't count for anything?
- How can I get people to show their appreciation for me?
- How have I grown to trust people?
- What consequences have I experienced that seemed unfair?
- How have strangers cared about me / shown me more kindness than my own blood family?
- How can I focus with competing priorities?
- Whom do I miss most? Why?
- What do I owe my blood family?